Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Time for Departure

Well, the time has arrived to leave the US and go to Guatemala. DC has been great, thanks to Pat Meuleman, I was able to get a tour of the Capitol and actually sit on the floor of the House of Representatives and listen to the Republicans debate energy policy for awhile. The building itself is amazing, pretty impressive. Thanks again Pat.

I've been in training for the past two days and am flying out with 29 others for Guatemala in about 5 hours. It is a pretty impressive group of people and I am looking forward to getting to know them. So far everything is going smoothly, although I am sure reality will set in once we set foot in Guatemala. I will be out of touch for awhile, but hope to post pictures and updates as training begins. I am still having problems with this site and cannot figure out how to enable comments, so feel free to shoot me an email at nicolasalanmiller@hotmail.com and I'll do my best to respond when I get a chance.